Friday, December 08, 2006

where is the baby???

Blog_12_Where is the baby!!!???
Well the car never made it back to us on Monday so we spent the whole day in the house doing work. Tim was having a go at taking the wardrobe down and taking the wall down at the same time! I spent the day digging up plants and transplanting them to another bed I had made as the place where they are is now going to be an out door dining area!
I managed to break the garden fork (just like I did to mums before we left the UK) then I managed to find a snake wrapped around the roots of a yukka plant in the garden! Margaret told me to watch out for yukka’s (but I think that was more tarantulas). I tried to ID the snake; it was only tiny about 12-18 inches long, brown, shiny, with a head that was a black triangle surrounded by a thick white band. It had its tongue out and was staring straight at me. I got the camera too late, and only got the usual bottom shot! Not really mush to ID from that!
Then as I was transplanting the yukka there was a huge spider on it, so I took a picture of it, big brown, with a silver pattern on the abdomen, I will look it up at the library tomorrow!! Strangely after that I decided to give up and just come in doors and cook!
The kitchen looks so much lighter now the wall is almost down and it will look great once we have finished it and we have a kitchen dinning room, not that it will get used much as it will be better temperatures outside.
The phone was finally sorted and we can now dial more than just local numbers! So today (Tuesday) I sent the number to most of you. If you did not get it and want it, you can get us on 00 61 07 4124 8320 what a lot of numbers!
Well we are getting shite about the cricket so someone please have a word and get it sorted so that they can stop taking the pee out of us!
The guy came around today to give a quote for the drive, he was in shock as it is the longest he has seen, all he kept saying to Tim was as there was so much he would do a special price!!! Ummm! Does that mean it will be double?
After a call to the car menders they said to come and get the car, Tim went off and got it while I carried on digging and transplanting. As there were some guys coming around to quote for the fence, they came after Tim had got back; to be honest I have not even looked at the car to see what sort of job they have done! It must be ok otherwise Tim would have said something! The quote was going to be phoned to me later, so off we went to the library and to sort out lots of stuff that we needed to do. Tim forgot some internet banking stuff so he took me to library and I got on with things while he went back for it. I was searching the internet for addresses I did not have all the post codes for. I still need some addresses as I could not find them on the internet and need to get the xmas cards off!
Got xmas pressies from mum and dad today, very exciting to get a parcel in the post and for me to open it as Tim runs to the post box every day and I have not managed to beat him!
We got a call from the Boblet today once he had got into work, as he got our number he thought he would try it! It was fantastic to hear a voice from across the big blue! Tracey has not had the baby yet and we are getting impatient, but not too as we want the internet to be up and running before she has it so we can get live coverage!! Well maybe not !! but some good cam shots or pics would be great! None of squidgy bits as Tim might faint! Very excited now and cant wait to see the baby Bain!
Phoned home and talked to mum, she was a bit upset as dad had not been well after his swim session and an ambulance had to be called! The episode managed to pass without dad hurting himself which was a blessing but now has to relax and get himself stronger so he can come and visit us and relax here! Dad sounded ok when I talked to him, he was waiting for mum to cook breakfast, not sure what it was but at least I know it would not be curry so he could not tease me!
Tim cooked on the BBQ tonight and managed to not over cook his steak, but needs a lot more practice J so more BBQs before xmas and his big cook out on the Barbie! Well probably salmon for me and steak for him!
Emma is going to visit on Boxing Day and stay until just before New Year which will be nice, to have a friendly face and talk about things, family and friends back in the UK.
We have not managed to sort anything out yet but a trip out in the kayak will be coming up as soon as Tim gets his foot sorted! Really looking forward to it!
The weather is really windy at the moment and quite a bit of heavy rain, as it was reported Sunday gone, there was 38mm of rain per hr! But as it is cyclone season a bit of rain and wind is better than loosing the roof on the house, mind you it does need replacing! J
The pool was full of crap that had been blown in so not much swimming over the last few days as it is not very nice, so might think about a pool cover as the barracuda cant keep up with sucking up the crap! But at least the pool is nicely full again!
Had a call from Zoe today and it looks like I am going to get the ok on my MMO course so I was very excited and very happy that I can get back to the UK and do some teaching as well as make some money! Having government approval will be the rubber stamp I need! I have to so much but I am very excited about it!
Bob said he might phone later when he gets home so that we can talk to Tracey, so we are expecting a 3am call, but it will be nice to talk to mates! Off to get some sleep before the 3am call, Tim is already in bed, as he can’t last much longer than 9.30pm these days!! So much for young and full of stamina!
Friday 8th December
Well yesterday we did shed loads of sorting out; the fencing is now being put up along the side of the house which will give us a lot more garden and privacy while swimming now that the garage has gone!
Spoke to Tim’s mum yesterday, its so strange that they only feel a short distance as there is no time lag!
We also purchased a petrol lawn mower, which was very exciting (not!) even Tim could not get excited, but did manage to cut the lawn when we got back (well more like trimming the heads off the dandelions! So we can now make the garden look really nice, the good thing about it is that will all this dry weather the grass does not grow much.
Made banana fritters this morning as the bananas we bought a couple of days ago are already too soft to eat!
We had just finished and had had fed the birds, and the phone rang! It was Tracey and Bob! J it was great to hear their voices, strangely I didn’t recognise Tracey immediately, the accent should have given it away! Well it was great talking to them, but it just brings it home how much I miss them both, its hard to loose good friends, we did so much together L They will have to come and live out here!
Our mission…………………………. To get all our family and friends out here (well at least for a visit to begin with!)
Shed a few tears this morning just missing everyone back in the UK……….. this Christmas will be hard L I hope we have the internet set up by then so we can chat to and see family and friends.
At least Emma will be here on the 26th which will take my mind off everyone back in the UK, unless she gets home sick too!?
But at least now with the course being registered I will be back early next year to get one running which I can focus on and know that I will see everyone again! Oh! And make some money!
Sorting out abstract for ECS conference in April! So must go, tell you more after the weekend!

No comments: